Dr.ssa Paola Paganelli
WHOM ARE YOU DEALING WITH?
A brief interview to underline competences and skills, beliefs and achievements. Let’s lay bare the secrets that make us a winning team.
- What's your name?
- Paola Paganelli.
- Have you ever had a nickname? Explain it.
- No, I haven't.
- What can you tell me about your education and training? Do you have any particular qualifications?
- After senior high school with specialization in core science, I took a degree in economics. After graduating I worked initially for my mother’s law firm and so began studying also law.
- When my daughter came along, I had to make a choice, and decided to build my career as accountant and tax consultant. I started in the beginning as an apprentice, then I became a chartered accountant and, today I am a partner of the same firm where I started working 15 years ago.
- Have you ever had any professional experience abroad?
- No, I haven’t.
- Why did you decide to become a chartered accountant?
- I became a chartered accountant in the first place, because the combination of (fiscal) law and business has always appealed to me. And secondly, because I am fascinated by the fact that my job allows me to come to know the diverse aspects of the complex company reality: I often deal with numbers, but behind these there are always real faces, of people living and working.
- What are your professional skills?
- Assistance in fiscal cases, fiscal and accountancy advisory, balance sheets and income tax returns.
- Which are your personal skills?
- I’m a hard worker and I love my family, and I dedicate all my time to these two priorities with great passion.
- Why would you recommend your performance to someone else? Would you be a client of yourself? Why?
- Yes, indeed, because I like my job and I work with dedication and interest: I’m tenacious, careful, demanding (especially of myself), and experience has taught me how to be level-headed and balanced.
- Have you a professional motto?
- Keep learning.
- What are you mostly proud of in your life?
- Of my family and of my career.
- What do you think about yourself?
- Look beyond … I’m lucky too.
- Which are your beliefs?
- I believe in myself, in my family and in my job: I think, that people in general must work to obtain something, and that generally speaking it is possible to succeed.
- Are you socially involved?
- No, I’m not.
My long experience at Pessina Oggioni & Partners - Studio Commercialisti Associati - in Monza allowed me to study and investigate different aspects of my job. Here, I worked at the beginning as a practitioner, then as member of the team and I have now become a partner.
Given my previous experience in a law firm and my interest for legal matters, I especially deal with - but not only - tax litigation.